Cartoon Caption Contest
Which ‘Pearly Gates’ cartoon caption fits best? Vote now
By Molly McDonough
Dec 17, 2013, 04:55 pm CST
With more than 400 captions submitted for this month’s cartoon contest, ABA Journal staff had their work cut out for them when it came time to pick a list of finalists.
There were dozens of entries suggesting the lawyers were asking for a continuance or a change of venue. And many more focused on appealing to a higher authority and age according to billable hours. But staffers settled on these five favorites. Now it’s your turn to vote at ABAJournal.com/polls and pick which caption, with credit to the author, will appear in an upcoming issue of the ABA Journal:
• “We should have settled; I don’t think we have a prayer here.” —Howard K. Watkins, Fresno, Calif.
• “Be careful, I heard this guy has never had a judgment reversed on appeal.” —Gerald W. Smith, Mahomet, Ill.
• “I told you we should’ve gone with the ‘the devil made me do it’ defense, not the ‘act of God’ defense.” —Daniel E. Rice, Villa Rica, Ga.
• “Good news is he can’t judge us… The bad news is he remanded it to a lower court.” —Kevin J. McCaffrey, Framingham, Mass.
• “You go first - I’m still billing by the hour” —Jim McNally, Detroit
Voting closes at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29.
For complete cartoon caption contest rules, follow this link.