Law in Popular Culture

Convicted bank robber-turned-lawyer is subject of planned TV show

Oct 28, 2013, 05:35 pm CDT

Comments

So that's where I went wrong.... I should have robbed a bank before applying to law school.

By BMF on 2013 10 28, 6:16 pm CDT

@1: It's not too late. Just get a job on Wall Street like the big bank robbers do.

By Tyrone on 2013 10 28, 7:57 pm CDT

I think there was an old TV western series by that name back in the 50's or 60's.

BMF, I would vote for you to have your own show, even without having robbed a bank, but the industry will probably insist on you doing something to become "famous" first. Although there is Nancy Grace. (I really can't explain that one).

By B. McLeod on 2013 10 28, 10:52 pm CDT

With so many starving young lawyers who have not robbed banks and without patrons, why does this guy deserve a coveted spot anywhere. I have nothing against him but we are in a highly competitive field. So now I guess it is the top 5% of the graduating class and ex convicts that are desirable to prospective employers.

By Joe on 2013 10 29, 12:54 pm CDT

Enough of the phony DA shows that are perverting the justice system. Let's do it from the defense side. It could include sleazy insurance defense too. Also enough of the whining about "spots" in the system Make your own spot. Just because you can't get hired by a "big law" firm Go with the little ones and actually practice and make a difference

By Todd on 2013 10 29, 5:50 pm CDT

B McLeod @ 3: Yes! I could see me with my own TV show! It could be a talk show.... People would be booked based on their "weirdness factor" and they'd sit in the cushy chairs and tell me their legal problems. I'm envisioning a cross between "Dr Phil," "The Good Wife," and "Jerry Springer--The Opera" (--albeit without the charming libretto and score--and most likely the Klan.)

"Although there is Nancy Grace. (I really can’t explain that one)."

I can't either. I just assumed they needed someone who looked good in a St. John knit suit, and Nancy Grace worked cheaper than Gloria Allred.

By BMF on 2013 10 29, 8:12 pm CDT