The Modern Law Library

Federal Judge Pens Memoir About His Time on the Bench and His High-Profile Cases in ‘Disrobed’

Jul 23, 2012, 02:30 pm CDT

Comments

The article says that Judge Block served on the Eastern District of New York (correct), but then goes on to say, incorrectly:  “He served on that bench with Sonia Sotomayor before her elevation to the U.S. Supreme Court.”  However, Judge Sotomayor was on the SOUTHERN District of New York before her elevation to the Second Circuit and thence to the Supreme Court.  She was never in the EASTERN District, where Judge Block served.

By Andy Patterson on 2012 07 23, 6:28 pm CDT

You’re absolutely right, Andy. That was my error, not Judge Block’s. I’ve removed that from his bio.

Lee Rawles
Web Producer
ABAJournal.com

By Lee Rawles on 2012 07 23, 7:23 pm CDT

Court staff should do a team memoir on their experiences, titled, “Around the Block”.

By B. McLeod on 2012 07 24, 1:37 am CDT

The title Stumblin’ Block sounds less sexy as being Disrobed.

By Guest Speakeasy on 2012 07 27, 2:21 pm CDT

Am I allowed to be proud this man graduated from Indiana University? Am I allowed to be proud that President Clinton selected him? Am I allowed to be proud that he co-wrote the lyrics and music for the musical Professionally Speaking (hmmm, maybe more jealous than proud on that last one).  Am I allowed to be humbled (and proud too, but I’m not sure how that works) that Lee Rawles is a woman?! When I’d been assuming that our fearless moderator was a man? (And she’s a good interviewer too! And I’m not, um,
being obsequious. You know she did a good job!)

As soon as I can think of something “off topic” to say to get her to delete me, I will.
But for now, I am a very proud reader here at Lee Rawles’ ABA Journal. Very proud indeed.

By Tom Youngjohn on 2012 07 28, 10:07 pm CDT

Indeed, Tom.  Despite her recent advent on this site, Lee’s star power is already almost on a par with the talking vehicle from Legal Rebels Season I.  Now if only we can get her to do a few songs in some of these audio clips, who knows?  The sky is the limit!!

By B. McLeod on 2012 07 28, 10:40 pm CDT