The Modern Law Library

Author on how ‘tremendously radical’ women blazed trails into the legal profession (podcast)

Jun 10, 2013, 08:45 am CDT

Comments

I think the ABA Journal has an agenda.

By Wine_Country_Dude on 2013 06 10, 11:36 am CDT

Equality is an agenda?

By Marian in CT on 2013 06 10, 1:29 pm CDT

Is it not possible to be supportive of equality—without the cheerleading?

By Wine_Country_Dude on 2013 06 10, 3:18 pm CDT

...ABA Journal has an Agenda”

Why of course they do - just like the pathetic farce of Academentia (and law school) - it is called MISANDRY - Promotion of Hatred of Men & Boys, Masculinity and Normal Heterosexuality;
and it pays very very well for doing what the Twysted Systerz Demand.

And usually - ABA-J removes posts that Oppose Misandry too - just to be ‘fair & balanced’ about it.

By Mike McD on 2013 06 14, 12:44 pm CDT

The comments thus far demonstrate that insecure men feel threatened anytime someone points out the success that women have achieved (despite all the obstacles to full and meaningful equality that they faced and continue to face).  Is it fear of competition?  Stop whining and get with the program.  And, #4 has a nerve to talk about “Promotion of Hatred of Men & Boys, Masculinity and Normal Heterosexuality” after the blatant and violent discrimination at the hands of white, heterosexual men throughout history to today.  Where have you been living?

By Lady Justice on 2013 06 15, 6:14 pm CDT

@5

Very few of us—and no man that I know of—opposes the ability of women to work and earn on the same terms as men. However, if the “program” to which you would require all of us to subscribe contains even a fraction of the contempt, anger and false triumphalism contained in your post, count me out.

My guess now is that you’re going to respond with a post equally as ill-considered as your first. But you can always prove me wrong.

By Wine_Country_Dude on 2013 06 15, 7:14 pm CDT

@6 - Reverse psychology does not work on me.  If you think that you are not one of the insecure men that I mention in my post @5, you should re-think why you responded to my post in the way in which you did.  And, you should also reflect on why you used the “cheerleading” reference in your post @3.  That was truly an ill-considered choice.  Finally, you must know few men or conveniently have a wrong sense of reality because, otherwise, you would not make such a blatantly inaccurate statement:  “Very few of us-and no man that I know of-opposes the ability of women to work and earn on the same terms as men.”  If this statement were true, women would not have the need to still be fighting for pay equity along with many other equality issues.  Get with the program!

By Lady Justice on 2013 06 21, 10:18 am CDT

I would respond in rebuttal to #7 - however the Censors on this site prohibit mention of any sort of Facts that upset the Twysted Systerhood and their BAMN BAMN - (Bash Men By Any Means Necessary)  Pogrom of Misandry

- er, um, uh, Mandatory ‘tolerance program’...

Because in an age of Abomination, Tolerance Macht Frei

By Mike McD on 2013 06 21, 3:29 pm CDT

Comment removed by moderator.

By Wine_Country_Dude on 2013 06 21, 3:42 pm CDT