Careers

Products Aim to Make Working in Bed More Comfortable; Chicago Lawyer Is a Convert

Nov 15, 2012, 06:59 am CDT

Comments

“Oh when they rang for supper, it was quite half past nine,
And when I had it ate, well I reckoned it was bedtime,
But a partner soon came over, and said with a merry laugh,
I want you now, for an hour or two, to cut a bit of chaff. . .”

(“Partners of Bungaree,” current adaptation)

By B. McLeod on 2012 11 15, 8:18 am CDT

Seems like a fair response to the cliches of sleep and sex at the office.

By AndytheLawyer on 2012 11 15, 11:14 am CDT

Sounds like an invitation to back pain and carpal tunnel syndrome, to me.

By BMF on 2012 11 15, 5:01 pm CDT

I wonder whether Ms. Broadwell and Ms. Kelley were retained as consultants .

By Heh Heh @ Columbus OH 43209 on 2012 11 15, 9:24 pm CDT

I wonder if the benefit is worth the impairment to conjugal relations…....

By NewName on 2012 11 16, 9:17 am CDT

I’m already in a fetal curl at the office by the end of most days.

By R on 2012 11 16, 12:21 pm CDT

R ♦ Nov 16, 2012 8:17 AM CST
I wonder if the benefit is worth the impairment to conjugal relations…....

Possibly.

♀ lawyer Q.:
What are you thinking ?

♂ lawyer A.:
I am evaluating whether it would be better to increase line spacing by 10% to enhance readability or decrease the spacing by 10% to reduce the page count on this brief.
Why do you ask ?

By Heh Heh @ Columbus OH 43209 on 2012 11 16, 3:16 pm CDT

LOL@ HehHeh. I have mild degenerative joint disease. I can work for a long time at a desk, but often take refuge in my recliner or on my bed with a air mattress when I start to hurt too badly. My advice? Get lots of wedges in different sizes. I also attached two powerstrips to a wood panel and screwed it onto the wall by my bed so I can run all my electrical and electronic toys without being hopelessly tangled in cords.

By Olivia LaRosa on 2012 11 16, 3:25 pm CDT