Administrative Law

Got a 25-cent gambling dispute? A hearing officer stands ready to resolve it

What happens when a gambler thinks he’s won a jackpot and a Nevada casino sees the situation differently?

The state Gaming Control Board is one option for resolving the dispute administratively, reports the Las Vegas Sun on its VegasInc blog. For those who aren’t happy with the result, it’s also possible, of course, to file a lawsuit in state district court.

“I’ve done hearings for as little as 25 cents to as much as $43 million and everything in between,” said Richard DeGuise. He serves as the Southern Nevada hearing officer for the board.

We welcome your comments, but please adhere to our comment policy and the ABA Code of Conduct.

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.