Is weight gain a job hazard for lawyers? Profession cited for packing on pounds
Posted Jun 06, 2013 10:35 am CDT
Legal jobs are apparently conducive to weight gain.
Lawyers, judges and other legal professionals work in one of the top professions for weight gain, according to a survey of nearly 3,700 full-time workers by CareerBuilder. AOL Jobs reports on the findings.
Forty-eight percent of legal professionals reported weight gain in their current jobs. Professions with large amounts of stress and lots of time at a desk had a higher percentage of workers packing on the pounds, CareerBuilder observes. Among those most likely to report weight gain:
1) Administrative Assistant (69 percent said they gained weight in their current jobs)
2) Engineer (56 percent)
3) Teacher/Instructor K-12 (51 percent)
3) Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant (51 percent)
5) IT Manager/Network Administrator (51 percent)
6) Attorney/Judge/Legal Professional (48 percent)
7) Machine Operator/Assembly/Production Worker (45 percent)
8) Scientist, Biological/Physical/Social (39 percent)
ABA Journal: “Ever Had Job-Related Weight Gain? If So, How Did You Battle It? Or How Have You Always Prevented It?”