About the ABA Journal
ABAJournal.com is the website of the flagship magazine of the American Bar Association.
The site features:
- Breaking legal news, updated as it happens by our staff of reporters throughout every business day.
- Analysis from more than 4,000 legal blogs, written by lawyers who are experts in their fields.
- Stories that go beyond the headlines, from the pages of the nation’s most-read and most-respected legal affairs magazine.
You don’t have to come to the website to stay current with the latest legal news. You can receive free Weekly and Tech Monthly email newsletters. You can add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
ABA Members and magazine subscribes have the added benefit of access to the monthly magazine in app form via Google Play, on iTunes and Kindle Fire.
We welcome your letters to the editor, comments and news tips, inquiries from advertisers, and requests to subscribe to the magazine. More information about the Journal at our FAQ page, which includes our Tips and Pitches guidelines.
For information about the Web 100, find FAQs here.
For information about our contests, including our annual ABA Journal/Ross Contest for Short Fiction, visit our contests page here.
The ABA Journal is read by half of the nation’s 1 million lawyers every month. It covers the trends, people and finances of the legal profession from Wall Street to Main Street to Pennsylvania Avenue.
The ABA is the largest voluntary professional association in the world. With more than 400,000 members, the ABA provides law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.
As provided in Article 33 of the ABA Bylaws, the ABA Journal is published by the:
Board of Editors
- Judge Herbert B. Dixon Jr. (ret.), Chair, Washington, D.C.
- Josephine M. Bahn, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Arlena M. Barnes, Portland, Oregon
- Thomas C. Grella, Asheville, North Carolina
- John L. McDonnell Jr., Orinda, California
- Wilson A. Schooley, La Mesa, California
- Don Slesnick, Coral Gables, Florida
- Pervin Rusi Taleyarkhan, St. Joseph, Michigan
- Stephen J. Wermiel, Washington, D.C.
- Mary Smith, President, Lansing, Illinois
- William R. Bay, President-Elect, St. Louis
- Palmer Gene Vance II, Chair, House of Delegates, Lexington, Kentucky
- Frank H. “Fritz” Langrock, Treasurer, North Ferrisburgh, Vermont
Editor and Publisher
Assistant Managing Editors
Legal Affairs Writers
Chief Copy Editor
Assistant Copy Editors
Deputy Web Editor
Digital and Display Advertising Sales: MCI USA
- Jay Blankenship, Danielle Lucifero, Chris Martin, Jeff Rhodes
Print Classified Ad Sales
In-House Ad Coordinator