Is weight gain a job hazard for lawyers? Profession cited for packing on pounds
Image from Shutterstock.
Legal jobs are apparently conducive to weight gain.
Lawyers, judges and other legal professionals work in one of the top professions for weight gain, according to a survey of nearly 3,700 full-time workers by CareerBuilder. AOL Jobs reports on the findings.
Forty-eight percent of legal professionals reported weight gain in their current jobs. Professions with large amounts of stress and lots of time at a desk had a higher percentage of workers packing on the pounds, CareerBuilder observes. Among those most likely to report weight gain:
1) Administrative Assistant (69 percent said they gained weight in their current jobs)
2) Engineer (56 percent)
3) Teacher/Instructor K-12 (51 percent)
3) Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant (51 percent)
5) IT Manager/Network Administrator (51 percent)
6) Attorney/Judge/Legal Professional (48 percent)
7) Machine Operator/Assembly/Production Worker (45 percent)
8) Scientist, Biological/Physical/Social (39 percent)
ABA Journal: “Ever Had Job-Related Weight Gain? If So, How Did You Battle It? Or How Have You Always Prevented It?”