Lawyers who want to pick through troves of public information that jurors or potential jurors put on the Internet about themselves may do so, but they may not communicate directly with the jurors, such as asking to “friend” them on Facebook, according to a formal ethics opinion issued today by… full story
- Vetoed legislation allowing Calif. State Bar to levy fines for UPL is quietly revived 30 minutes ago
- Want to unsend that email? Two Harvard law students offer a way to do it 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- Judge says defense can't videotape jury selection in Colo. movie theater shooting case 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- Did hacker help FBI get overseas intelligence? Court docs suggest answer may be yes, NY Times says 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- Nursing mom wins $75K settlement from TSA over airport incident 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- DA says lawyer committed suicide to avoid arrest as mastermind of insurance scheme 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- Judge orders release of Illinois inmate in 'shaken baby' death
- How much less do women lawyers and judges earn than men?
- Murder defendant seeks to have 'murder' neck tattoo removed before trial
- Has familiarity with Shakespeare helped you as a lawyer?
- State court grants name change for soldier Chelsea Manning
- Okla. Supreme Court issues 11th-hour stays to 2 pending executions
Do you know a true change agent in legal practice? Submit their name for consideration as a 2014 Legal Rebel.
Net Profits: Lawyers' definitions of virtual practice vary, but not when it comes to finding success.
Has familiarity with Shakespeare helped you as a lawyer?
Google Glass is already causing legal experts to see problems.
Retirement planning includes caring for your health.