Amidst a recall of at least 2.6 million vehicles over ignition-switch issues and a growing number of would-be class actions claiming that company officials knew of defects for years, General Motors is seeking a freeze on the litigation and a court… full story
- Fake child abduction could result in real charges, authorities say 6 hours, 24 minutes ago
- Case of lost painting offers lessons in auction law; will buyer get $43K for missing $21K artwork?
- Obama commutes sentence of man sentenced to an extra 42 months because of a typo
- 'Mom does what I say or Mom gets the fist,' testifies paralyzed son at her attempted-murder trial
- Clerical error kept man out of prison for 13 years; incarceration is cruel and unusual, he argues
- Prominent defense lawyer indicted in prescription drug case
- Teen criminally convicted for recording his classmates bullying him in school
- Seven law firms have cut an estimated 213 jobs since January
- Law grad is sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend whose pleas were recorded on cell phone
- Four inmates who won reduced sentences under racial justice law seek to uphold the decisions
- Ethics complaint alleges lawyer billed NCAA for her whistleblower client's bankruptcy depositions
- 'Law Tigers' lawyer is reprimanded because referral website didn't comply with testimonial ban
Who are the all-time great U.S. Supreme Court justices?
Website raises legal questions about homeowners and tenants hosting travelers.
Google Glass is already causing legal experts to see problems.
Retirement planning includes caring for your health.