Although embedded in the national conscience, the April 15 deadline for filing federal income tax returns may, in reality, be somewhat discretionary.
- More suspects at large in kidnapping of prosecutor's dad, federal prosecutor says
- Man in YouTube video of US Supreme Court protest gets time served, is banned for a year
- Rape defendant wins mistrial after prosecutor's claim that he tried to run her down is disproven
- 2 registered sex offenders were wearing GPS devices during serial slayings, police say
- Should taxpayers pay cash owed by their parents? In about-face, US halts collection of older debts
- Couple stole car, drove it to courthouse to get to hearing, police say
- 9th Circuit affirms lawyer's conviction for attempting to extort rabbi by threat of court testimony
- Fitzpatrick Cella reorganizes staff, confirms 'associate attrition'
- Nixon Peabody lays off 38 staffers
- Brown Rudnick rescinds offers to 10 associates, cites declining client demand for first-year lawyers
- Lawyer is tossed out of court for wearing shorts after knee surgery
- Posner tosses copyright suit by 'Banana Lady,' notes her 'incessant filing of frivolous lawsuits'
Who are the all-time great U.S. Supreme Court justices?
Website raises legal questions about homeowners and tenants hosting travelers.
Google Glass is already causing legal experts to see problems.
Retirement planning includes caring for your health.