About the ABA Journal
ABAJournal.com is the website of the flagship magazine of the American Bar Association.
The site features:
- Breaking legal news, updated as it happens by our staff of reporters throughout every business day.
- Analysis from more than 4,000 legal blogs, written by lawyers who are experts in their fields.
- Stories that go beyond the headlines, from the pages of the nation’s most-read and most-respected legal affairs magazine.
You don’t have to come to the website to stay current with the latest legal news. You can receive free Daily and Weekly email newsletters. You can add our RSS feeds to your feed reader. You can read our Mobile Edition on your Internet-capable cell phone, iPhone, Android or BlackBerry. You can also download our iPhone/iPad app or Android app in the Google Play store.
ABA Members and magazine subscribes have the added benefit of access to the monthly magazine in app form via Google Play, on iTunes, and Kindle Fire.
We welcome your comments and news tips, inquiries from advertisers, and requests to subscribe to the magazine. More information about the Journal at our FAQ page, which includes our Tips and Pitches guidelines.
For information about our annual Blawg 100, find FAQs here.
For information about our contests, including our annual ABA Journal/Ross Contest for Short Fiction, the Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction, the Caption Contest and Peeps in Law, visit our contests page here.
The ABA Journal is read by half of the nation’s 1 million lawyers every month. It covers the trends, people and finances of the legal profession from Wall Street to Main Street to Pennsylvania Avenue.
The ABA is the largest voluntary professional association in the world. With more than 400,000 members, the ABA provides law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.
As provided in Article 33 of the ABA Bylaws, the ABA Journal is published by the:
Board of Editors
- John R. Tarpley, Chair, Nashville, Tennessee
- Joan M. Durocher, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Kathleen Joan Hopkins, Seattle
- Vincent I. Polley, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- Alice E. Richmond, Boston
- Lauren Stiller Rikleen, Wayland, Massachusetts
- Pamela J. Roberts, Columbia, South Carolina
- Patricia Timmons-Goodson, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Judy A. Toyer, Rochester, New York
- Paulette Brown, President, Morristown, New Jersey
- Linda A. Klein, President-Elect, Atlanta, Georgia
- Patricia Lee Refo, Chair, House of Delegates, Phoenix
- G. Nicholas Casey Jr., Treasurer, Charleston, West Virginia
Editor and Publisher
Director of Events
Jill Schachner Chanen
Assistant Managing Editors
Sarah Mui (Web)
Stephanie Francis Ward
Debra Cassens Weiss
Legal Affairs Writers
Chief Copy Editor
Deputy Web Editor
Deputy Design Director
Publication Operations Manager
Brian S. Lewis
Executive Assistant to the Editor and Publisher
Print/Online Ad Sales
Midwest / West
Luxury Goods and Services
Print Classified Ad Sales
Media Kit Requests
Deputy Production Director