- About the ABA Journal
About the ABA Journal
ABAJournal.com is the website of the flagship magazine of the American Bar Association.
The site features:
- Breaking legal news, updated as it happens by our staff of reporters throughout every business day.
- Analysis from more than 3,000 legal blogs, written by lawyers who are experts in their fields.
- Stories that go beyond the headlines, from the pages of the nation’s most-read and most-respected legal affairs magazine.
You don’t have to come to the website to stay current with the latest legal news. You can receive free Daily and Weekly email newsletters. You can add our RSS feeds to your feed reader. You can read our Mobile Edition on your Internet-capable cell phone or BlackBerry. Or you can download our iPhone/iPad app.
We welcome your comments and news tips, inquiries from advertisers, and requests to subscribe to the magazine. More information about the Journal at our FAQ page, which includes our Tips and Pitches guidelines.
The ABA Journal is read by half of the nation’s 1 million lawyers every month. It covers the trends, people and finances of the legal profession from Wall Street to Main Street to Pennsylvania Avenue.
The ABA is the largest voluntary professional association in the world. With more than 400,000 members, the ABA provides law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.
As provided in Article 33 of the ABA Bylaws, the ABA Journal is published by the:
Board of Editors
- Rew R. Goodenow, Chair, Reno, Nev.
- Kathleen Joan Hopkins, Seattle
- John R. Tarpley, Nashville, Tenn.
- Jeffrey Michael Allen, Oakland, Calif.
- Vincent I. Polley, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Judy A. Toyer, Rochester, N.Y.
- Judge Herbert B. Dixon Jr., Washington, D.C.
- Raymond L. Ocampo Jr., San Mateo, Calif.
- Alice E. Richmond, Boston
- Laurel G. Bellows, President, Chicago
- James R. Silkenat, President-Elect, New York City
- Robert M. Carlson, Chair, House of Delegates, Butte, Mont.
- Lucian T. Pera, Treasurer, Memphis, Tenn.
Editor and Publisher
Deputy Managing Editor
Assistant Managing Editors
Legal Affairs Writers
Deputy Design Director
Senior Designer/Visual Web Editor
Publication Operations Manager
Print/Online Ad Sales
Print Classified Ad Sales
Media Kit Requests