New York Prosecutors Subpoena Occupy Protester’s Twitter Posts
Posted Feb 1, 2012 7:40 AM CDT
By Debra Cassens Weiss
Occupy Wall Street protester Malcolm Harris says he’s not sure why the Manhattan District Attorney’s office has subpoenaed his Twitter posts.
Harris, a freelance writer and editor, was charged with disorderly conduct after his arrest during an October protest on the Brooklyn Bridge, report Reuters and International Business Times. Harris’ lawyer has filed a motion to quash the subpoena seeking Harris’ Twitter posts over a three month period ending on Dec. 15. The subpoena also seeks Harris’ email address and user information.
Harris says he’s not sure which Tweets interested prosecutors because Twitter doesn’t permit users to review all their old tweets. He acknowledges, however, that he was behind “the Radiohead thing,” a false claim that the band would be playing in Zuccotti Park, according to International Business Times. Harris previously told the Village Voice that he made the claim to get more people to the park.