• Home
  • News
  • Man Who Police Say Posted Facebook Video of Disabled Man Being Punched Is Charged in Attack

Evidence

Man Who Police Say Posted Facebook Video of Disabled Man Being Punched Is Charged in Attack

Posted Dec 13, 2012 12:37 PM CDT
By Martha Neil

  • Print
  • Reprints
  • Share

A homeless man in Florida told authorities he didn't recall being punched in the face.

But a video allegedly posted on Facebook by Nicholas Marr showed he had been, and on Thursday charges of aggravated abuse of a disabled adult were filed against Marr, 26, and another suspect, William Gregory, 30, reports the Treasure Coast Palm. Additionally, a misdemeanor battery charge was filed against Marr and Gregory faces a charge of felony battery with a prior conviction.

The newspaper says someone notified the Indian River County sheriff's office about the video within hours of when it was posted, on Sept. 30, the same day as the alleged attack in Vero Beach. However, it took time for an investigation to identify the 33-year-old claimed victim, whose name is not provided in the article, and determine that he was both homeless and mentally ill.

The article, relying on information from the sheriff's office, says the video shows the two men offering the shirtless victim $20 to slap him in the face, on camera. He agrees, puts his hands behind his back, and then is punched and knocked unconscious, the newspaper recounts.

The article doesn't include any comment from the two defendants or their legal counsel.

Comments

Add a Comment

We welcome your comments, but please adhere to our comment policy. Flag comment for moderator.