Las Vegas shooting victims and their families are offered free civil legal help
Victims of Sunday night’s mass shooting in Las Vegas and their family members are being offered free civil legal help by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada.
The center is prepared to help with several types of legal issues stemming from the tragedy, according to the State Bar of Nevada E-News. Those issues include:
• Child custody orders and orders for guardianship for orphaned children.
• Help with probate and wills.
• Assistance with landlord/tenant and other real property issues.
• Help with banking and safe deposit boxes.
• Assistance with benefits such as life insurance claims and death or disability claims.
• Help with debt collection stemming from unpaid bills.
If the legal issue is outside Nevada, the Legal Aid Center will coordinate with the State Bar of Nevada to find an appropriate referral. It will also refer some cases to pro bono lawyers.
Lawyers offering pro bono help can fill out a form available here.