Which firms snagged top spots for gross revenue, profits per lawyer and equity partner?
Image from Shutterstock.
Fifty law firms had gross revenue of $1 billion or more in 2022, including 18 firms with more than $2 billion in gross revenue, according to the latest rankings published by Law.com.
Overall, the nation’s 100 highest-grossing firms increased revenue by 2.7% in 2022. But increased head count and lower demand led to an overall decrease in revenue per lawyer of 2.6%. Profits per equity partner also decreased, with a 3.7% decline.
The top five firms for gross revenue did not change from 2021, according to Law.com. They are:
- • Kirkland & Ellis ($6.51 billion in gross revenue)
- • Latham & Watkins ($5.32 billion)
- • DLA Piper ($3.68 billion)
- • Baker McKenzie ($3.3 billion)
- • Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom ($3.02 billion)
The top three firms for revenue per lawyer are:
- • Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz ($3.54 million)
- • Sullivan & Cromwell ($2.14 million)
- • Cravath, Swaine & Moore ($1.96 million)
The top three firms for profits per equity partner are:
- • Kirkland & Ellis ($7.51 million in profits per equity partner)
- • Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz ($7.29 million)
- • Sullivan & Cromwell ($5.98 million)