Blog: Top 5 Web Mistakes by Personal Injury Lawyers
After reportedly reviewing hundreds of websites promoting personal injury attorneys, a legal marketing blog says the sites are far too “egocentric.”
A Law Firm Online Marketing Association post this week asserts that given the “tens of millions of dollars” that PI firms spend to optimize search results on the Internet, “you’d think that more lawyers would give some thought to what visitors view when they do click onto their websites.”
Of the “best” sites reviewed, LFOMA listed the following as the most common mistakes:
– Firms spend more time talking about themselves instead of their clients.
– The sites lack compassion.
– Photos are canned, stock art, rather than of real people.
– The free consultation is ubiquitous.
– Formal poses of lawyers are more reminiscent of high school yearbook photos than portraying lawyers on the job, investigating accident sites or making hospital visits.