Airport worker sues Halle Berry and husband for $5M over shoving incident
A viral video seems to show Halle Berry doing nothing but walking through Los Angeles International Airport with her husband and children amidst a barrage of paparazzi camera flashes earlier this year.
However, the actress has now been sued for $5 million in compensatory and punitive damages, along with spouse Olivier Martinez, by an airport employee, Courthouse News reports.
Filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court, the lawsuit by Ronaldo Owens alleges that Berry aided and abetted the assault and battery on him.
A uniformed man is shown on the video apparently being knocked to the floor by Martinez, who turns from his pathway out of the airport and seemingly shoves a child-safety seat into the man. The man had reportedly been taking photos of the family with his cellphone.
The suit says Martinez “abruptly turned towards Ronaldo and brutally and intentionally charged at Ronaldo using an empty child’s car seat he held in his hands as a weapon, striking Ronaldo to the ground with the seat and causing Ronaldo humiliation and injury,” the Santa Monica Mirror reports.
The Courthouse News article doesn’t include any comment from Berry, 46, or Martinez, 49, and the Mirror says their representatives could not immediately be reached.