Another BigLaw firm adopts a menopause policy
Image from Shutterstock.
Linklaters is the latest BigLaw firm in the United Kingdom to adopt a policy that provides resources and education regarding menopause.
In a May 10 press release, Linklaters said it has adopted “a global menopause policy and support package for colleagues across the firm who are directly or indirectly impacted by the menopause.”
Law360 has coverage.
The package includes:
• An expansion of the firm’s menopause support group.
• An e-learning module for firm managers and supervisors.
• A dedicated resource hub on menopause.
• An app called Peppy Health that provides online menopause support.
• Enhanced private medical insurance to cover specialist consultations for conditions related to menopause.
Other U.K. firms that have adopted menopause policies include Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Clifford Chance.
Last year, Linklaters also introduced support for those undergoing fertility treatment.
Several U.S. firms have also implemented financial support for employee fertility treatments. According to Law360, those firms include Reed Smith; Weil Gotshal & Manges; Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld; Loeb & Loeb; Cooley; and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.